Sunday, April 29, 2007

Salve, amici!

Welcome! Having read my good friends' blog, I decided, "why deprive the world of my infinite wisdom (rantings) and well lettered prose (ravings), will the world not benefit from my professional and well-mannered commentary?" No, it probably won't... but that's not the point. Anyway, they say these blogs are cathartic, and Lord knows I could use some way to blow off some steam.

At any rate, the mission statement here at the Electronic Eremite is to provide my readers with thought provoking statements and interesting factoids that will hopefully provoke some response. Being "in exile" from my homelands with my wife, this blog should provide friends, both old and new, with a place to hang out and chat, debate and argue, and just plan laugh. I am a pedagogue by trade (no this does not mean something illegal or dirty) and so there will certainly be some book learnin' to be had from visiting this site. Hopefully, we all come away feeling happy and better educated.

Anyone who knows me will also attest that I am a video game fanatic (read addict). So the Eremite's second mission is to provide others with the benefit of my addiction... er... experience, with a wide variety of games. Hopefully, the reviews I post will be helpful to others making a decision whether or not to spend hard earned money on a potentially worthless product. Let me take the fall for you, why have a self-destructive habit if it can't benefit others?

So hopefully the Eremite will be updated on a regular schedule. I am terrible at keeping up with these things, email, reading, dishes, acknowledging my wife's existence... but maybe a little discipline will do me good. Or this may be the last post I ever make... who knows!

Anyway, welcome to the Electronic Eremite. Have fun! Drink some coffee and have some cake, it's free. Just don't eat the pie... that is for the King. If the King shows up, just let him say his piece. Its best not to antagonize him, he can be unreasonable... well... all of the time.

Best Wishes,
Abbot Chris

No comments: